List/Grid Daily Archives: 1:08 pm
Site SEO (search engine optimization) is major business in the online marketing world. It is believed that 95% of all the traffic generated online is from search engines. With Google being the most used search engine, it was a big blow to some sites when they announced the new Panda updates in the beginning of the year.
Thousands of websites that get traffic from US got affected by the Google Panda Updates. It is believed that over 10% of top ranking sites got a slap. The main reason according to Matt Cutts, was to get rid of Farm sites that rank high on google search results.
I believe google did a noble thing though some reputable sites were greatly affected. It is true that some low quality sites where appearing on first pages of Google and thus the reason to weed them out.
Though the panda updates happened in the beginning of this year I thought it wise to remind webmasters what they need to do. This is in terms of site SEO, hence avoid being the victim the next time Google comes with the SEO axe.
Since Google keeps changing their algorithms; it is recommended that you learn some site SEO rules to follow so as not to be affected the next time round.
How to avoid been caught in the next Google Panda update web
1. Try to track down the low quality sites that are pointing to you and request them to remove the links. There are some backlinks that are of no benefit to your site SEO. Seek to get backlinks from high ranking sites and blogs that have a good reputation.
2. Check the ration of content and the advertisements on your pages. Make sure that you have more content than advertisements. Having too many advertisements will greatly affect your site SEO ranking.
3. Go back to your old webpages and see which of your pages you over-optimized. It is always recommended that your keyword density should not go beyond 3%. Some people in the quest to rank higher on search results over optimize their pages and thus were affected with the google panda updates.
If you have a wordpress template, you can add a plugin called WordPress SEO. This plugin will help you avoid over stuffing your webpages with keywords.
4. If you have a website, it is vital that you attach it to a blog. With a blog you can add fresh content regularly and this will greatly improve your site SEO. Always remember that whatever algorithms search engines implement, content will forever remain KEY.
5. Now that google have new site SEO rules it is imperative that you follow them. Do an overall analysis of your web pages and any low ranking pages you find should be removed. This I like calling site SEO clean up.
6. Work towards posting more quality and informative content. This is the one thing you can do to never go wrong in site SEO. Mainly, search engine optimization is all about rich and useful content. Find issues that challenge people in your niche and offer workable solutions and you will be safe.
7. Visitors should find it easy to navigate through your pages. Ensure that your categories are easily accessible. Ideally, it should take 3 seconds for visitors to locate your categories. The best place to position your categories is at the top of your site or blog.
To facilitate easy navigation, you should link up your pages. Add hyperlinks within your content to pages that have related information. Apart from improving your viewers’ experience, linking pages ensures search engines crawl and index all your web pages faster.
8. Just the other day google launched a social media site called Google Plus. In just 3 weeks over 10 million people have signed up. Very soon Google +1 will be part of the google algorithm formula, therefore jump into the band wagon NOW.
Of late social media sites have played a major role in site SEO hence it is critical that you have an account with facebook LinkedIn and twitter. Social media marketing is a perfect way to generate direct traffic and more so build your reputation and online presence.
9. As for those who have filled their sites or blogs with videos and images it is time you did some major changes. What you need to do is add content that is related to your images. In short, you should have more quality content than pictures and videos.
10. Any duplicate content you have is affecting your site SEO. Blocking search engine spiders from accessing your tags and categories can go a long way in help you escape the google panda updates slap the next time round.
If you can get the pages that are duplicated, it is advisable that you remove them or better still you can rewrite them again. This will make them unique thus boost your site SEO.
You can be rest assured that this is not the last time that google will bring down the axe on some sites. Therefore, webmasters need to find survival skills in both site and blog SEO.
Believe it or not changes to Google algorithms are here to stay. Online small business people also need to up their game if they expect to stay afloat. I know this site SEO survival skills will help your online home business evade the next panda attack thus remain relevant within the cyberspace.
The one thing that has been ignored by most people is on site SEO (Search engine optimization). In fact, even the best online marketing gurus overlook the power of on site SEO. Yet it is the one strategy that can make you double your blog traffic.
It is common knowledge that generating content is the key element when it comes to working online. This is mainly because search engines love content. Search engines realize that if they offer browsers quality content many people will use their site. This will translate to more cash in advertisements.
As much as content is key in online business, it is not the only secret to making money online. You can have the best and unique content and no one will know about it. Just as you can have the best looking website or blog and no visitors.
There is more to having rich content and that is on site SEO. Some have the notion that the latest Google panda updates have got nothing to do with on site SEO. They are so wrong, to date search engine bots use keyword terms to determine the page to place sites on their search results.
On this article will shall see at least 10 basic guidelines of on site SEO techniques:
Domain Name: When you are buying a domain for your site you need to be prudent. Make sure you first determine the major keyword phrase you want to rank on. This is the keyword term that you should use to choose your domain name.
The same applies to the URL of all the pages you create on your blog. This is what is known as on page SEO. Every time you post a blog you need to create a URL for that page. To ensure your URL is beneficial to your on site SEO include your targeted keyword.
For example, you target the keyword work online on one of your pages; your URL should read http://your domain.com/work-online/. Avoid coming up with very long URLs, short URLs are best for onsite search engine optimization.
Title of your blog or site: The headline of your blog should contain the major keyword you want to rank on. To boost your on-site SEO, let your first article in your niche site target your main keyword. By this it means you mention it severally in the body of your article.
In your subsequent pages, also mention your main keyword at least once. Search engines are cleaver thus to not spam. You can look for variant keywords that relate to your main key term and use them.
For instance, if your main keyword is internet marketing the other variants can be online marketing, internet marketer or marketing online.
Title of each web page: This is one of the most important elements of on-page search engine optimization. On every web page you create on your blog ensure you target a keyword phrase in your niche.
To note: Use some of the free online tools like Google Insight and Google keyword tool to select keywords to target. Always go for commonly searched for keywords that have moderate competitiveness.
Also acquire keyword optimizing tools like Keyword Winner and WordPress SEO Blueprint which can help your online business rank in hours.
META tags: This is in fact the first thing you need to do in on site SEO. Add your targeted keywords on your Meta keywords and description tags. Google mostly uses the keywords in your description tag to rank your site.
Your site and on page description tags also act as advertisements on search engine result pages. This is the content that browsers will see as they scroll through search engine results. Therefore, make it readable for both search engines spiders and humans.
It is also vital to add both your major key term phrase and secondary keywords in your Meta keyword tag. There are still some small search engines that use content in your keyword tags to rank sites.
Check out this ULTIMATE SEO WORDPRESS PLUGIN to ensure you succeed in on site SEO score.
Keyword density: This is a critical factor when it gets to on-site optimization. Once you have decided on the keyword to target, you need to optimize it. Mention it once on your title preferable at the beginning. In the body repeat the same phrase severally.
Make certain your keyword appears in the first sentence of your article. Then repeat your keyword phrase at least once on ever paragraph. If possible add your key term in the last line of your write up. It is recommended that after every 100 words you mention your keyword.
This brings us to the importance of using wordpress. With a plugin like WordPress SEO you can be able to tell the density of your keywords. The best density should be between 5 to 8 percent. Though this can seem quite repetitive for human reading: use variant keywords as explained above.
Body of your articles: The body of your article is a great tool for on site SEO. Apart from on-site optimization using keywords, bold letters can boost your ranking. Highlighting your keywords by making then bolder will make search engine pay more emphasis on them.
It is recommended that you publish long articles; at least have 700 words and above. This is according to the latest panda updates. Since people usually scan through content, find ways to break your content.
How to achieve this:
– Use sub topics
– Write in point form
– Add relevant images within the content
– Include relevant video clips
Optimize your comments: This is an overlooked area when it gets to on site SEO. Your comments HTML should contain your search engine optimization terms.
As you respond to people posting remarks on your blog, remember to use your key phrases. Click this link to learn more about posting comments.
Use variant anchor text for outbound links: As you build your link popularity make certain to use your keywords as your anchor text. Anchor text tags are the words engine robots use to determine which keywords to rank on.
It is advisable to use variants when it comes of anchor text. We talked of the variants you can use for internet marketing. These include online marketing, online marketer or internet market.
Linking pages within your site: On site SEO also involves the strategy you use to connect different pages within your site. Same site links help search engine Crawl through your blog. It also helps your visitors to navigate through your web pages.
The texts you use to hyperlink within your site are very instrumental in on site search engine optimization. Always use your targeted keywords to connect to other pages in your blog or website.
Sitemap: Always add a sitemap to your blog or website. A sitemap can really help especially when you are using Google Web Master Tools. You will be able to tell which keywords search engines are ranking you on thus optimize on those key words.
Picture alternate tags: When adding images ensure you have described them. This is by including alternate tags and descriptions.
You can attract targeted blog traffic when your images are ranked. Therefore, upload images and ensure they are SEO friendly.
Once you have observed the above online page and on site SEO techniques, you need to look at link building or outbound linking. This is also what is called external optimization. On later posts we shall go into step by step best strategies of boosting link popularity.
With these techniques of onsite SEO your site will be on wings as regards to organic traffic. If you can be on page one of Google, Yahoo or Bing then you will definitely gain blog traffic and thereby make money from home.
Note: WordPress templates are the best to use when it comes to on site SEO.
Follow the links below to learn more about online marketing tactics.