If you are looking to make money as you work online then you need to get google traffic. There are so many search engines but the one that tops them all is Google. The other major search engines that you need to rank on include Yahoo, Bing and Ask.
As much as google traffic can be quite high, you need to compare conversion rate with other search engines. This is because you could be getting high google traffic but high bounce rates. On the other side, you could get low traffic from Yahoo or Bing but low bounce rate and high conversions.
This is why you need to have a way of analyzing your traffic to see which search engines convert well for you, thus target to rank on them. One of the best free web traffic analyzer is Google Analytic.
8 reasons that are making you not generate organic google traffic.
1. Untargeted domain name: The domain you choose plays a major role when it comes to attracting google traffic. It is advisable that you first do a keyword research to determine the main keyword to target. Choose a keyword that is commonly searched for within your target niche market.
This is the keyword that you need to use to come up with a domain name. Search engines when they Crawl your site they lay some emphasis on the domain name. Thus if you have your major keywords in your domain name it will be easier to be positioned in the first result pages.
You will notice on this blog the targeted keyword is work online. Google have already ranked me on page one with the keyword working online. It will not take long before am placed on the first pages of top search engines for my main keyword phrase.
This is not the only thing you need to do to rank high. Keep reading the rest of the article for basic rules of getting a high page placement.
2. Unpolished writing skills: Many of us are victims when it comes to lack of writing skills. In fact I’m one of them. I do not like writing and in school I never performed well in the English subject especially writing.
But one thing I came to discover is that practice makes perfect. The more you keep on writing the more you gain experience. In addition, the more you learn how to integrate keyword phrases in your content the more organic google traffic you generate.
When I started blogging my grammar was not good at all, but with time I have been able to improve my writing skills. My advice to you is to start a free blog today and everyday wake up and share want is on your mind. Within no time you too will sharpen your writing skills and begin getting google traffic.
Once you have improved your writing skills, it is best you get your own domain name and web hosting. Choose a web hosting company carefully; personally I use Hostgator since they have proved to have top notch services and support.
They also offer great discounts, with a coupon code like workonline25 you will get 25% discount for whatever package you purchase.
3. You don’t analyze your readers: The advantage of having a blog is that you can interact with your readers. It is important that you take time to moderate your comments. This will enable you to know what your viewers want discussed.
You will also get comments that will assist you know which are the right keyword phrases to target on your blog posts. Note: Take time to approve relevant comments to help further optimize your blog and generate google traffic.
4. Lack of uniqueness: There is an adage that goes “necessity is the mother of all invention”. You need to have a need for the innovation in you to come out. As for me, making money while working online was my desire. Therefore, I had to find ways of how to become unique.
I spend endless hours reading and writing and that is what has made me what I am today. Though I did not have someone to teach me on how to work online at home, I still managed to gain knowledge and create my original content.
Unique content is imperative since search engines will note this and hence send traffic your way. This is especially so for google traffic because Google spiders are more advanced.
5. Regular posting: Posting articles on regular bases is fundamental in attracting google traffic. Make sure you submit at least 2 articles every week. This will ensure that when search engines bots come to your site they find new content.
Have a particular day where you sit and come up with rich content. Post on this particular day and at a particular time. As for me I schedule to publish a blog post every day at 23:30 GMT. This means search engines bots will always come to my blog every day for new content.
6. You do not target Google Traffic: If you want to generate google traffic then you need to know how Google Crawls sites. In your blog back office you have a place to add your META tags. Make certain you add your keyword in your Meta tags.
Google pays more attention to your description Meta tag. Therefore ensure you have put the description of your blog and do not forget to incorporate your targeted keywords.
The Meta description needs to be reader-able to both search engines and internet browsers. Your blog description is what shows up on search engines results. In case you do not add to your description META tag, search engines will choose for you and they may get a description without including your keywords. If that happens you may not rank as high as you may want thus low google traffic.
7. You do not promote your blog: Online marketing is the core to working online and making money from blogging. There are many ways to promote your blog; some are free web traffic generating strategies while others you need to spend some cash.
8. Un-optimized Blog template: The best blog themes to work with are wordpress templates. Most wordpress templates are already optimized for search engines. In addition, there are plugins you can add to further boost your internal blog optimization.
Some of the plugins that can ensure you generate google traffic include WordPress SEO, All In One SEO and SEO PRESSOR PLUGIN.
In addition, first impressions really matter a lot and so you need to take time to choose an attractive blog template. There are many free and paid templates you can choose from.
For example, you can search for “best free premium wordpress themes 2011” to get results of the latest templates. Once you have chosen the theme you like as your friends to give you their views. It would be better you spend a lot of time selecting a theme that is optimized since it can go a long way in helping you make money online.
The advantage of targeting google traffic is that you will drive more traffic thus increasing chances of making sales. It also means that if you can rank high on Google, you will also get good positioning on other top rate search engines like Yahoo and Bing.
In fact, I have noticed I make more sales from Yahoo and Bing traffic. This is because people searching the net using Bing and Yahoo are more targeted customers. They also are people who are ready to spend money online.
Therefore, the next time you write that post optimize for google traffic and other search engines.
Press on the links below to learn more as regards to working online marketing tactics.