Blogging has proved to be one of the most lucrative work online home based business ideas. But the big question is; how to earn money blogging and the best strategies to employ?
Online marketing experts all agree that the ideal tactic of marketing on the web is through blogging. Content is the engine that drives the internet and a blog is the ultimate platform for generating information.
In fact, if you have a website it would be prudent that you incorporate a blog for the purposes of generating content. The beauty of it all is that you can earn money blogging if you use the right strategies.
The first thing you need to do when blogging is to optimize your content. This means writing articles that are friendly to search engines. Click here to read more on how to optimize your blog content.
On this article we shall discuss other attributes of how to earn money blogging. If you combine the strategies mentioned below with optimization, you will be guaranteed of success in the blog-sphere.
10 strategies to guarantee you earn money online:
1. Choose your web host wisely: With sites like Blogspot, Typepad, WordPress and Turmblr you can create a free blog. Though you can earn money blogging on these free blogs, you will not have full control of your blog.
In addition, people will not take you seriously when you use a free blog. To bring out a sense of professionalism it is best to pay for personal web hosting.
Below are some of the top rated sites that you can sign up for web hosting:
Hostgator: (use this coupon code “workonline25” and get 25% discount)
You can also use the above mentioned sites to purchase a domain name.
When incorporating your blog to your website, it is imperative that you link the two. Do not make the mistake of hosting your blog on a different host or domain from your main website.
The best option is to host your blog as a subfolder or page to your main site. Another option is to create a subdomain, though this can be viewed as a different link from the main site by engine bots.
So as to earn money blogging, you will need to generate traffic and one of the best ways to achieve that is from search engines. When you host your blog as a subfolder to your main site, you will increase your link profile hence attract organic SEO traffic.
A better link profile leads to high search engine ranking, online presence and credibility. These are the main ingredients of making money blogging from home.
2. Share insightful content: There is a lot of half baked information on the internet. Thus when you step out and provide readers with more in-depth content you will win them over.
As you share content, conduct thorough groundwork thereby be able to reveal as much as possible. Avail to your reader secrets related to your niche, this will ensure you go into the good books of your target audience.
If you come across some juicy rumors or details about an upcoming product launch or event, share it on your blog. Making your blog to be a haven of unique and quality information will get you links and thus traffic.
3. Join and contribute to related forums and blog networks: Creating a blog and expecting to earn money blogging without marketing is cheating yourself. There is no two way about it, if you do not promote your blog do not expect to generate income online.
One of the ways to market your blog online is joining online communities. The internet is full of online forums and for sure there are several related to your niche. In addition, there are related blog networks where you can participate and create awareness about your blog.
To get related blogs in your niche you can go to ask.com blog search or google blog search. Apart from getting related blogs you can also get quality content that can help you come up with unique articles to share with your visitors.
It is important that once you sign up in any online community, you should active. As you actively participate, you will boost your web presence thus be considered an expert in your niche.
While on internet forums, if you notice a thread you can contribute something valuable make sure you do so. Remember to add your blog link to your signature, this way you will be able to generate direct traffic and thus earn money blogging.
4. Allow guest posting: Participating in online forums and blog networks will also help you build relationships. Connect with top rated bloggers in your niche and invite them to be guest bloggers.
Guest blogging helps to increase your blog profile thereby allowing your visitors get a variety of content material. Furthermore, these same bloggers will invite your as a guest blogger and in that way build quality back links.
Always pick guest bloggers that rank better than you, this will guarantee you build your online profile. With time as you go up the ranks; invite guest bloggers that add a different twist to your blog thus make your content more interesting.
5. Share unique content: It is advisable to cover new events and news in your niche but that does not mean you share everything. There is news worth talking about but others you can leave out.
For a new blogger, it is recommended you offer people unique content. Once you have established yourself and become popular, then you can begin covering big news.
Uniqueness is about offering something different that is valuable and educative. Not paraphrasing and giving people the same content they can easily find somewhere else.
Find topics that other bloggers have ignored and discuss them on your blog. This will give people a reason to keep visiting your blog and you will sure earn money blogging.
6. Create a brand name: This is the most important element of earning money blogging. In order to be a recognizable brand, build a blog that will make visitors want to be associated with you.
The best strategy of building a brand name through blogging is by giving your readers valuable content. When you help people and occasionally share stories and experiences, they will feel connected to you.
For new bloggers, it is advisable to identify your goals and what you want to achieve from your blog. These goals should be associated with your brand. Make sure as you generate content, you have your goals in the back of your mind.
Branding also goes hand in hand with your blog design and choice of color. Note; failing to adhere to the goals of your brand can result in you losing the loyalty of your visitors.
7. Communication skills: It is amazing how you can be listening to someone’s tone of voice over the phone and still be able to tell their moods. Though people are not seeing you when you blog, they can tell your character from how you write and arrange your blog.
For you to cut a niche for yourself, you need to present a good personality. Publish content that show integrity, authority and understanding. Building content that has a human touch to it is the secret to earn money blogging.
Do not try to be someone else; soon enough people will discover that you were a hoax and they will not return to your blog. Hence, be yourself and always present your content in a humane manner.
It is true we all have different temperaments, but when it comes to blogging you need to control yourself. In short, choose your words carefully since you don’t know who is be reading your content.
In case you draft an article while you are angry, do not be in a hurry to submit it. Take time to go through it on another day when you have cooled down. This will help you to rethink and in the process tone down your article.
Posting an article that will make you regret is not recommended. This is especially so in this era of sharing and RSS feeds where you cannot call back what you have already published. It takes one simple mistake to lose credibility thus watch out what you say online.
8. Add visual appeal to your text: Content is good for generating organic traffic, but you need to break the monotony by adding images, videos, graphs and occasionally use different kind of text. Generating traffic is one issue but converting your readers into customers is a different ball game all together.
Rather than having endless content, write in point form by using bullets so that readers can easily know where your major points are located.
The more your content is inviting to the eye the longer visitors will stay on your blog thus ensuring your earn money blogging from home and with ease.
9. Have a signature: To earn money blogging you need to come up with your own style of writing. Have a signature that will make you stand out from the rest.
This should be from how you write to the areas you focus on most. Do not divert from your area of expertise since there are specific topics that your audience will come to expect from you.
With time your blog will be known for certain type of content, therefore do not change that and begin discussing things that are out of topic. For example; if you have been sharing 3 articles a week, do not change that and start posting 1 article a week.
10. Monitor your blog traffic: In order to learn the preferences of your visitors, you need to study your traffic. When you analyze your visitors you will learn which topics they love to read and share.
Besides, you will also find out the posts that rank high on search engine thus focus on them some more. As you check these traffic indicators, you will be in a better position to increase your traffic thus earn more money blogging.
Conclusion: The blogging sphere has become so competitive but with these strategies you will be ahead of 95% of bloggers. The odds will be even better if you pick the right niche and target the right keywords.
If you have other strategies that would help people in this forum earn money blogging, kindly share them in the comment section below.
Enter your email address in the side bar to keep getting our blog updates.