The desire of every blogger or webmaster working online is to get high SEO rankings. But the problem is that there are so many dos and don’ts to an extend people get confused. It has become really difficult especially for newbies to know what works and what doesn’t when it comes to search engine ranking.
On this blog you are sure to get up to date strategies of improving SEO rankings and thus generate quality online traffic. As you all know, the more quality traffic you attract the more you earn money online working online.
Here are 10 basic SEO ranking tactics you should work on:
1. Picking of domain name: When I was purchasing my first domain name I did not think much about including any keywords. But that changed when I realized that I was ranking for the words I used in that domain.
For that reason I decided to buy another domain name and this time I used my main keywords which are work online. It has taken some time to rank but as you are reading this post my site is on page 1 for that very competitive keyword phrase.
What I’m trying to imply here is that you have to include your main targeted keyword when buying your domain name.
Most parameters that are thought to be used by Google to rank sites are based on assumptions. In fact, it is said that Google uses over 200 parameters to determine a site’s SEO rankings. According to my personal assessments, keywords contained within a domain name play a major role in diiblg@5694)dps>ilohblg@435' class="q1569 broken_link">search engine placement.
2. Heading Tags: On a site or blog there are elements known as H1, H2 and H3 which are HTML elements. These elements are used for defining a web page heading and subheading.
The thing about HTML code is that they are meant for search engines and not human beings. Therefore, you can take advantage of HTML heading tags to add keywords. But in case you are not using header tags do not worry so much. According to some SEO rankings experts, this has no significant effect to search engine ranking.
3. Title Tags: Header tags may not be visible to your blog visitors but title tags are. Title tags are the words that you put in the title of a blog post. When you visit a blog’s webpage, the title tag is the one that appears at the top of your browser.
The same title tag is the one that is displayed in search engine result pages. This is an indication that title tags are crucial when it gets to SEO rankings. Therefore, ensure that every web page title you create contains your targeted keywords.
In addition, you should target different keywords that are within your niche on every article you publish. This will help you rank on different keywords thus get more targeted traffic from each individual page you create.
4. Anchor Text: I’m sure you have come across words on the internet that are usually blue in color and when you click on them they take you to another webpage or site. These are the words referred to as anchor text or hyperlink text.
The power of anchor text is seen when it comes to article marketing, guest posting, forum marketing, social media marketing and of course all contribute to your site SEO rankings. Always use your targeted keywords as your anchor text since those are the words that search engines will rank you on.
This is how anchor text help: If you are seeking to rank for a keyword phrase like work online and earn money, the more you hyperlink this words and point them to your blog, the more you will increase SEO ranking of your blog for that keyword phrase.
5. Keyword Density: Over the years there have been hot debates as regards to the number of times one should mention keywords.
According to most SEO experts it is recommended that the best keyword density should be between 1% and 2%. Personally, the best thing to do is to concentrate more on generating quality content and mention your keyword where is seems fit.
diiblg@5694' class="q1569 broken_link">Nowadays, search engines bots are intelligent enough to pick different variation of keywords. For example words like “rank”. “ranking” or “ranked” will be treated by search engines as the same keywords. Hence, blend your keywords in a way that readers will not be able to notice there are words you are repeating.
Note: When it comes to generating content realize that you are writing to people and search engines. You can have very great content but if no one can find it all your efforts will go to waste.
6. Dofollow and Nofollow Links: Most people assume that search engines only consider Dofollow links. The secret is to balance out your Dofollow and Nofollow in order to make your site link profile to look natural.
This is an indication that Nofollow links also contribute towards improving SEO rankings of your site.
7. Alternate Tags: For those of you who don’t know what alternate tags are; they are the tags one puts to describe an image. Ideally, engine spiders cannot read images thus the need to describe using text what your images is all about.
If you can have your images rank high on search engines result pages, you will increase traffic to your site. Online marketing success is achieved when you use all avenues to drive high targeted traffic to your site.
According to recent findings, SEO experts have discovered that search engines are giving more SEO value to alternate tags more than title tags or header tags. Therefore, as you add images within your post, ensure you add a title, alternate tag and a short description. In all these fields make certain you use your targeted keyword phrase.
8. Reciprocal linking: There are some free online directories that require you to add their link on your blog for them to list your blog. This is what is referred to as reciprocal linking.
The one thing you need to have in mind in regards to reciprocal linking is that you have to link with relevant sites. If you link to a movie review site and your blog is about gardening that will not add any value to your SEO rankings.
Relevancy is critical when it comes to exchanging links. When adding your link on business directories, post your blog in the right category.
9. Sitemap: A sitemap is like a structure of your website or blog. It contains hyperlinks that lead to your site individual pages, categories, tags and so on.
The role of a sitemap is to ease navigation for both search engines and your site visitors. According to some SEO experts this does not have direct impact when it comes to improving SEO rankings. However, considering a search engine like Google which uses over 200 parameters to rank sites of which it has kept as a secret, you just never know.
10. Listing on top online business directories: In the 90’s listing your website on a directory like Dmoz was a guaranteed way to improve SEO rankings. But that has changed because now there are other high ranking websites and blogs.
You can also opt to do article marketing, social media marketing and guest blogging as other alternatives of boosting your link profile.
Conclusion: Combination of various SEO rankings tactics is the secret of increasing your overall link profile.
Share your opinion in the comment section provided below. You can also pass on this article to your friends using the social button displaying on the left of this post.