For you to make money from your sales leads as you work online, you need to be able to keep visitors on your site for long. Research has show that people spend an average of 45 seconds on web pages. This means that you need to find ways to make sure that the first impression visitors get when they land on your home page is imprinted in their minds.
It is important to ensure good customer experience especially if you want to succeed in generating online sales leads as an internet business entrepreneur. The way you organize your blog is critical for ensuring reader retention. The idea is to make a simple blog that has most of the important parts at the top.
Here are some guidelines that guarantee you increase reader retention on your blog:
1. Choose your templates wisely since this is the one tool that contributes to your blog or website appearance. A site to visit and get a wide range of templates is wordpress. In fact, it is advisable that you use wordpress to come up with blogs.
WordPress does not only have a wide range of templates to choose from but most of the templates are optimized for search engine ranking.
2. It is usually tricky when your targeted audiences visit your blog and discover content and links cluttered all over without proper arrangement. Display your content in an organized manner making sure you mention the main theme of your blog at the top.
Going straight to the point will help your viewers know exactly what you content is about thus have an easy time deciding whether to stay on or not.
Avoid the use of long paragraphs since this will bore your readers. It would be better if you use short paragraphs that are detailed. Better still; arrange your content in point form by use of bullets, this helps your readers know precisely where to get the main points of your articles.
3. When addling hyperlinks, make sure they are not appearing all over your webpages. This makes your site look disorganized. People should also know what will happen when they click on your links. Links are a good way of linking your pages thus enabling easy navigation and optimizing your site pages for search engine placement.
In addition, placing affiliate links in each and every part of your website page is not the best approach for getting website visitors to click on your affiliate marketing program links. It only makes you appear as someone just out to make money and not improve your reader online experience.
Again when it comes to hyper-links, never exaggerate. Have at list 2 to 3 links in every article you publish preferably at the start of your blog post and at the end. Bear in mind that your online traffic is derived from real people and they can carry out instructions, tell your site guest what to do and they will do it. Due to this fact, do not bombard them with web links throughout your blog post content.
Give information first then sell latter. Pushing products in people’s faces will only dent your online reputation.
4. Uploading images is one of the best ways to draw the attention of your readers and retain them on your site. Most people do not love reading and images help people stay on your site a bit longer. Studies have shown that most browsers just scan through content but when you add images especially if they are related to your content they will read on.
Visit sites like flickr and get nice relevant images to add within your blog post. If you have to add banners, make sure they are also good to look at. You can also upload flash images to enhance the feel of your blog or website.
5.Your niche site ought to be user-friendly, this you can achieve by making sure that the navigation tab is easily accessible. Blogging experts say that it should take at most 3 seconds for your guest to locate the categories section.
To further easy the navigation of your blog or website, link your pages within your content. This will help readers identify other pages within your blog that share relevant content. Search engines will also be able to Crawl your site and hence index all your web pages faster.
This simple internet business strategy will enable you to ease your target audience experience the moment they arrive at your site or blog.
6. The font you use is crucial in retaining readers on your blog or website. Before you launch a website, one of the things you need to research on is the type and size of fond to use. It may appear trivial but fonts contribute to your site appearance thus improve first impression.
Use one font for all your articles on your blog posts. This will make sure that your content looks organized and professional. Use fonts that a person with a 20/20 vision will be able to read easily.
Your background should not have pictures or colors that overlap your content. It is advisable to use a clear background especially where you have articles.
A number of web business entrepreneurs place a great deal of focus on marketing their blogs that they neglect to tackle the requirements of their readers. Even though getting visitors or traffic to your website is essential, you are also expected to make sure that your site visitors transforms to internet sales leads.
Therefore, make certain that your website / blog is appealing to your target audience. You can ask your buddies to judge your blog visual appeal and then make the required changes if need be.
A professional and perfectly organized web page acts as a tool to promote your site and assist in reader retention thus acquire online sales leads.
For you to keep people longer on your site you have to prove that your main focus is to equip your readers. Share helpful information that is aimed at tackling the issues that face people in your niche. The moment you do this you will gain good reputation and thus people will believe you when you sell them a product.
Business is more about relationship than selling and this is where most marketers get it wrong. Human beings are social and the best way to reach them is by creating rapport. Wear the shoes of your sales leads and this will assist you identify their needs and preferences.
Viewer retention is what results in high sales leads conversion rate as you work online at home. Therefore, research and implement strategies to keep people on your site longer because if you do not, they will head to your competitor and purchase what you probably also have.