If you want to make money online then one of your agendas has to be getting top website ranking. Many think that ranking on Google is better than ranking on other search engines like Yahoo, Bing and Ask. It is true that Google is the top search engine, but you will be surprised to note that other search engines may be having better conversion rates in certain niches than Google.
Therefore as you seek to boost your website ranking on Google, you also have to consider ranking on the other search engines.
You may ask; why is it important to get top website ranking?
a. Did you know that over 90% of traffic on the internet is from search engines? Yes! And Google is the one that commands 2/3’s of this traffic.
b. Traffic from search engine is free; all you need to know is how to increase your site search engine optimization (SEO) value
c. Search engines will give you high quality traffic. This is because your audience will get to your site using your targeted keyword phrases.
d. Top website ranking means targeted viewers and more so high website conversion rate.
e. When your website ranking is good, you can be assured of passive traffic for a long time to come.
Many assume that search engine optimization is difficult and you cannot blame them. SEO experts have made it look so complex and yet that is not the case. Anyone who wants to tap into this free website traffic can do it with ease. But wait a minute!
Does that mean that website ranking is something that can be achieved overnight? Not at all, you need to have these 3 things:
- Knowhow: This are the skills that you need to acquire to learn how search engines operate. With a good game play top website ranking is achievable.
- Tools: Before when I started online marketing, I used to do things manually until I realized that I was wasting a lot of time and making no major headway. This ended when I got to learn that one can use tools to automate his/her online work.
I really love article marketing because it is content based. With content you can never go wrong when it gets to website ranking on search engines. The tool I use to distribute my articles is called Unique Article Wizard (UAW). The day I began using UAW my business just shot to the next level. Work that took me a whole year, now takes me just a few hours.
Now you understand when you hear experts saying they work 2 hours in a day. It is all about automating your online business.
The others tools you need are tracking tools to help you choose keywords and analyze your traffic. This includes tools like Google Keyword Tool, Google Webmaster Tool (Free), Google Analytic (Free), Keyword Winner (Paid wordpress plugin), SEO Plugin (Paid) and many more.
- Patience: To get a top website ranking is not a one day affair; you need to be patient and consistent. Once you are armed with the knowledge about SEO rules and the required tools, it will be just a matter of time and your blog or website ranks high.
Let us now see 5 top strategies on how to increase your website SEO value and generate web traffic from Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask (these are the major search engines).
1. Use recommended tools to select your keywords wisely: Before you publish any post on your blog or website you need to consider the keyword to use. Keywords are the words people enter in the search box whenever they are browsing the internet.
Research and find out the commonly searched for keywords in your niche and use those words within your articles. Be careful to use low competitive keyword phrases to guarantee your website ranking goes up faster.
2. Domain name has to have your targeted keywords: Search engines use softwares called spiders for crawling, indexing and website ranking and the first thing they look at is your domain name. Hence it is imperative that you include keywords in your domain name.
Studies have shown that your domain name plays a major role when it comes to website ranking. The secret is to go for the best and exact keyword phrase in your niche; try going for .com, .net, .org or .cc until you get your desired domain name. If all are taken then you can try adding a hyphen (-) between the keywords.
Again use the tools available to choose the key terms to use. Here experts advice that you target the very best and competitive short tail keywords.
3. Include your keywords in your content titles: The nest thing that search engines consider when it comes to website ranking is the title of your site and webpages. But you need to be careful to ensure the title is also readable to human beings.
Make certain that each page you create contains your targeted keyword in the title tag. A good title is the one that summaries the content in the body of your article.
The more relevant your title is to the content of your post, the higher the chances of search engines ranking your webpages and website higher in their search engine results pages (serps).
4. Measure your keyword density: Normally, the right keyword density is between 2 – 3%. Keyword density means the number of times your keyword phrase appears or is mentioned within your post.
Be careful not to over-stuff your content with keywords. This will only lead to search engines marking your website as spam thus affecting your website ranking.
To avoid your site being marked as spam due to over-stuffing with keywords, you need tools to measure your keyword density. If you are using wordpress as your blogging platform, then use WordPress SEO to determine your keyword density.
Generally, it is advisable to have your keywords in the first paragraph preferable in the first line. Then again after every one hundred words, this means you need to write short paragraphs.
5. Implement onsite SEO: The linking together of your pages is what is known as onsite SEO or onpage SEO. This means that on every page you create you need to add a link pointing to another related page within your website.
For this strategy to boost your website ranking you need to use your keyword phrases as anchor text. Some of your contextual links need to point to your homepage with relevant keywords.
In time as you increase the number of your webpages, more keyword based links will be pointing to your homepage hence increasing your website ranking.
Summary: Anyone can succeed in search engine optimization therefore for webmasters who have a low budget do not worry. However, for those that find SEO complicated you can hire experts to do the work for you.
But if you ask me increasing your website ranking is easy, you just need to have the will to learn the tricks. With the above SEO strategies, you too can boost your website ranking and webpage ranking on search engine result pages for your targeted keyword terms.