If you have been following this work from home money making blog, you will note that it aims to offer insight on various income generation strategies. This includes work online legit jobs like data entry, taking paid surveys among other legitimate freelancing online jobs.
Although these online jobs are easy ways to work from home and make money, this blog seeks to educate about creating your own website or blog. The advantage of owning a website is the ability to generate residual income at home.
Unlike online jobs where you have to be online to make money, a blog will generate income for you even when you are offline. All you need is to know how to promote and monetize your blog. On this article we will see some of the ways of making sure that your blog earns you residual cash.
Apart from buying your own domain name and webhosting (the best is Hostgator and you can use workonline25 as a coupon code and get 25% discount) which gives you full control of your blog, a very important attribute of a work from home money making blog is its functionality. A website or blog should be designed to enhance user experience.
Just the way you would make your offline store look attractive and inviting, the same applies to a work from home online money making blog.
Here are the guidelines of how to work online and earn money using a blog:
1. Ease of navigation through your blog content: It should take your visitors at most 3 seconds to find your menu. It is recommended that you have two menus or categories sections, one at the header and another on the left or right side bar.
Make certain that all the buttons in your menu are working perfectly. This will help retain visitors on your site and in addition improve your blog reputation.
2. Choose images and colors that are catchy: Pictures play a critical role when it comes to creating a work from home money making blog. Images enhance the appearance of your blog thus lower your bounce rate.
But you should be careful not to overdo it. Too many pictures and colors make your blog look disorganized thus putting off visitors. Furthermore, having many pictures slows down your blog loading time hence visitors leave without view your content.
3. Use fonts that are readable: Good font is the one that a person with a 20/20 vision can read with ease. Avoid the use of fancy fonts especially if you have a work from home money making site that needs to look professional.
In short, readers should not strain to read your blog content.
4. Avoid the use of jargon: Write in a language that is easily understood by all. This way you will be able to connect with your readers. When you use difficult terms you will put off most readers especially newbies who happen to be your customers too.
Quality content is the one that is in form of a conversation so that your target audience identify with you. Your readers need to feel like they also own your blog.
5. Your content should have clear call to action: In every article you publish you need to tell your readers what to do. A quick call to action, helps to get visitors engaged thus improve your sales conversion.
A call to action on a work from home money making blog should be moderate. Just one call to action per blog post is enough.
6. Have a contact form: The ultimate work from home money making machine is email marketing. It is for this reason that you must find a way to create your own mailing list database.
Capturing your blog visitorâs details is the best thing you can ever do as an online home based business person. With a good email list you will never worry about making money even when search engines delist your website or blog.
7. Include social media links: As we speak social media marketing has taken over the internet. There are those people who may prefer to connect with you on social sites rather than subscribe to your RSS feeds or mailing list.
On social media sites you can build online business relationships that will boost your reputation and web presence. These social sites include Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, MySpace, LinkedIn and so on.
You should also add the share buttons from these sites to help you in viral marketing.
8. Connect with visitorâs emotions: The best way to connect on a personal level is to know your visitors preferences. This is by placing yourself in the customerâs position.
As you share content be honest and use a writing style that is understood by people in your target niche. So as to stand out, come up with your own unique way of telling a story.
9. Place the most important information on your homepage: The first thing that visitors come across when they land on your blog is the homepage. It is therefore imperative to place the most important information first.
This also applies when you are creating your webpages; let the vital information be placed in the first paragraphs. The reason is because visitors want to gather details quickly.
Note: Remember to create short paragraphs and sentences when writing your articles. Short sentences and paragraphs are easy to read and understand.
In brief, make it easy for visitors to find the important information as they browse your work from home money making blog.
For example; One vital thing you can do on your homepage is capturing your customersâ details.
10. Include other forms of content other than just text: If there is one thing that readers really find easy to grasp is video content. So as to make your site cater for all kinds or visitors use text, videos and podcasts content.
Using different forms of content will also make your work from home blog more appealing thus retain visitors and boost sales conversion rate.
11. Make it easy for visitors to find your products: Positioning of banners to your products or affiliate products is critical to a work from home money making site.
When talking about your products, concentrate more on the benefits of the products rather than the features. Most customers are appealed to products and services that will improve their lives.
12. Visitors should know right away the main topic that is shared on your blog: It should be clear from the word go what your blog is all about. Rather than write about your company, go straight to the point and offer content that your target audiences are searching for.
From the title you choose, to the content you share and the products you are offering; all these should be relevant to your niche. Otherwise, diverting from the main topic will lose and confuse your site guests.
13. Add your contact details: Something about a work from home money making blog is that you will get inquiries. This is the reason why you should ensure it is easy for readers to get in touch with you.
Adding your contacts also brings out an element of trust and reliability. In addition, activate your comment section so as to allow visitors to share their opinions. As people contribute on your blog search engines will also rank your site well.
Comments make your blog look alive. As people share on your blog through posting comments other readers will be curious to get involved thus increasing your blog traffic.
14. Put up offers: The defining factor of a work from home money making site is traffic generation. One of the best strategies of attracting traffic is through creating irresistible offers, discounts, coupons, free downloads and gifts.
Summary: There are many ways of making money online but the best of them is creating your own blog or website.
All you need in order to launch a work from home money making blog are the right tools and skills.