Pay per click (PPC) advertising has for some time been a perfect marketing tool for work from home online business owners. From our previous articles we have discussed on the various online promotion tactics, mostly concentrating on the free website traffic generation ideas. It is therefore prudent we focus on some paid modes of work online marketing.
When you want unique traffic to your work from home online business then the best way to achieve this is through PPC marketing. Since with PPC you need to allocate a budget, you need to be very careful because you can easily end up wasting your cash by getting bad traffic that does not convert.
Search engines like Yahoo, Bing and Google lists websites on their result pages using two methods. One is where marketers are listed on a per bid basis and this is what we are calling pay per click promotion. The other is where websites, blogs and webpages are listed naturally depending on their importance. In natural listing the results are based on the use of keyword phrases within a blog or website, inbound links among other formulas like Meta descriptions.
The two very popular PPC campaign programs include Google Adwords which display to the right of google search results and Yahoo ads which are posted both at the top and to the right of their natural results. On a search engine like searchqu.com the sponsored results show at the top and at the bottom of search listing.
This is how these sponsored or ppc advertisements work; it is like an auction where online marketers bid what they would prefer to pay for every click made on their ads. The more one bids the high the probability to rank high on sponsored results. Once you have created your paid advertisement, every time someone clicks on your ad you will be charged the amount you bid and the lead will be taken to your desired website or blog.
For example, if you happen to be the highest bidder with let’s say $0.2, you will rank number 1 in that particular keyword. If 200 leads follow your sponsored adverts you will charged $40.
Expert online marketers propose that you start your work from home online marketing campaign with PPC. This helps you determine which keywords generate a high volume of visitors who actually buy products thus target them through search engine optimization.
Lets as share on the best ways to make sure that your pay per click marketing campaigns offer good results:
1. Content: Website content is the most important part in any online marketing campaign. As you have read from the previous posts “Content is King” and content management is the secret to working online business. Prior to launching your blog or website set your goals and have right objectives. This you do by selecting your major keywords which will be the core of your site content. Then you can go ahead and choose secondary keywords which you want to rank on.
2. Choose the right ad groups: In order to better your quality score and thus boost your marketing campaign effectiveness, select ad groups that are relevant to your site content and keywords. The ad groups you settle for should have keyword phrases that are related to each other and also to your PPC adverts.
3. Analyze your keywords: It is vital to research and monitor to ensure that you do not target irrelevant keywords. Monitoring and analyzing your ppc campaigns will assist you do away with negative keywords or working on them to enable you target better key terms. In addition, it will help you save your money and time thus guaranteeing success to your online paid advertisement.
4. Pick the right keywords: Once you have analyzed the right ad groups for your campaigns and the right theme for your website, go ahead and identify the right keywords to use. Utilize keyword tools like Google keyword Tool or Google Trends to choose the major keywords to target. Opt for keywords that have a high search volume and less competition and make sure that the conversion rate is high.
5. Analyze your marketing campaign success: There are web analytic tools designed to track the success of your campaign and it is imperative that you make use of them. These analytic tools will help you make the necessary changes when need be thus make certain that your advertisements are profitable. Periodically, evaluate and edit your work from home online marketing campaigns depending on the results you get.
Take Note: In all online marketing strategies the best approach is to test and also take advantage of new tools to see which ones can profit you the most in terms of quality and unique traffic.
6. Optimize your campaign: When you open a paid advertisement and create your campaign you will note that the search engines will present you with options. It does not mean that they are the best; rather test to see which ones work and then tweak to identify the ones that will perform best for your online home business.
7. Niche Targeting: There are niche markets that are very competitive and thus force you to bid very high and this can be quite expensive. However, you can still target these niches by targeting other keywords that are less competitive within the same niches.
An important point to note is that some of these analytic tools may be off in their search volume count. Thus, when you launch a pay per click advertising campaign you will know the actual traffic volume generated from your targeted keywords and the conversion rate. That is why it is important before you launch your search engine optimization to test using PPC to see which keyword phrases are right to target.
The main rule to optimizing your paid advertising campaign as you work from home online is to remain focused. Just as search engine marketing needs you to be patience, the same applies to pay per click promotion. You need to look at it in the long term as pertaining to building your visibility and more importantly your online business brand image.
As you generate instant traffic to your website, which is a short term goal, also work towards establishing long time objectives and that is by offering insightful content and products on your blog. Quality content will make it easier for you to retain viewers on your web pages and thus convert easily.
Ultimately, a good PPC campaign is where you focus more on your conversion rate more than the traffic you generate. Hence remember that there are some search terms that can have very high volume of traffic but the conversion very low.
So as to avoid spending a high budget on your PPC advertising campaigns, observe the guidelines stated in this post and you will definitely have an easier time earning income from your work from home online business links or affiliate products.