Writing online is an art that many people are really looking to decipher. This is especially so for people who blog for money. It is a known fact by now that content is king when it comes to internet marketing and more so blogging. Imagine how it would feel if you find your site appearing on first page of Google for your targeted keyword phrase?
Am sure it would be a great achievement, but you also need to consider something ease; is your content good enough to ensure you make money online? Good online writing is where your content leaves a lasting impression on the readers’ mind to an extent that they will always want to come back for more. In addition, when writing online your content should unconsciously cause your visitors to take action.
On this article we shall discuss exactly how you can get the attention of your target audience and at the same time optimize for search engines. Many assume that writing online for people and search engines is like rocket science but today we will burst that bubble.
As someone blogging for money, you want to rank well on search engine result pages and at the same time compel visitors to take action. Here is how to go about writing online:
The layout of your content: (How to please your readers)
You need to know how to structure your articles when writing online. For you to retain readers on your site and ensure they take some kind of action, your content needs to be legible and easy to understand.
This you can achieve by first having short paragraphs. It is also advisable to use white as your background color so as to ensure your text is clearly readable on a computer screen.
Try and create sub headings within your articles. This makes it easier for readers to know where to find the main points of your article. Many readers simply scan through content but if you break your content into subheadings you will compel them to read some of your content.
Other ways of breaking content as you are writing online include the use of boxes, bold letters, lists, different fonts and bullets. For example, when you number some points or put words in a box, readers will for sure read them.
Note 1: Whatever you do, as you are writing online avoid having long paragraphs. Readers will get bored so fast thus affecting your bounce rate (reduce visitor retention).
Note 2: Breaking up your content helps your important points to be seen and read.
Before you write online, always consider who you are targeting. Have the image on your readers reading your content even before you begin. This will help you in writing online for your readers and ensuring you connect with each reader.
As people read your article they need to see your passion flowing in your writing. Therefore, write online the same way you talk and you will connect to your audience.
Check out these simple but effective online writing guidelines:
- As much as possible use action verbs
- Use descriptive content that will touch people’s senses. Use words that bring out images in readers minds
- Try to narrate stories.
- Let your content touch the emotions of your readers.
- Your content should always add value to your target audience.
- Rather than using the word “I”, use the word “You”.
- Show your readers what to do especially on your sales page (Call To Action).
- Make sure you proofread your article before you publish.
Writing online to please search engines:
It is obvious that more and more webmasters are been affected with the constant search engine algorithm changes. There is now a thin line between writing online for people and search engines.
Today, there are sites ranking so well and yet they have not fully optimized. This goes to show that with time writing online will be more of quality content than even using keywords.
Note: What determines more the ranking of a site is off page elements more that on page optimization factors.
Remember, the more quality links pointing to your site the better your chances of ranking high. But the way you draft your web content also plays a major role when it comes to website positioning.
Here are some vital pointers for writing online in relation to page ranking
2. The theme of every post you create should be unique and targeted to a particular keyword phrase. Therefore, use different keywords for every web page you publish.
3. Research and determine the keyword to use before you start writing. The same should apply to the theme of your article.
For instance, if you decide your article is going to be about how to work online at home and make money fast through affiliate marketing. The right keyword to target would be how to work online.
4. When choosing keywords, use the right tools to make use you select keywords phrases that people in your niche are actually searching for. Target long tail keywords since that way it will be easier for you to rank.
5. As you are writing online for search engines, try as much as possible to blend in your keywords in your content without forcing them. Get different variation of your targeted keyword and use them in your article.
Today, engines spiders are intelligent enough to relate different keyword variations. For example, if you are targeting a keyword like “work online”, you can have vibrations like, “working online”, “online work” or “works online”. This way you will make your content readable to people and at the same time optimized for search engines.
Summary: Your webpages ranking well is the best way of driving traffic to your site through search engines. But if you rank poorly people will never know that your content exist thus your online writing will never be noticed.
On the other hand, if you are writing online just for your webpages to rank well and fail to write well, then visitors will leave your site without taking any action at all.