Many are the times when work online marketers ask themselves if the web page ranking strategies they are using are the correct ones. This can happen to anyone, so do not worry. On this post we will go into details on some of the rules to follow to guarantee you get a high page ranking on the major search engines.
The page ranking we are going to share about is not the “1 – 10 PR”, rather it is the positioning of your site and posts on search engines result pages (serp’s).
Here are 10 top factors to consider:
1. Have a SEO web page ranking strategy: The first aspect of SEO is getting the right keyword phrases to target in your niche. Ask yourself this questions; what is it I want to achieve from my website or blog? What are the needs of the people am targeting? And which words and phrases are they using on search engines?
Once you are armed with answers to this questions you are ready to go. The tools to use to determine this include Keyword Winner (paid wordpress plugin), Yahoo Answers, Google Trends, Google Keyword Tool, Google Suggest and so forth.
2. Create your own content: Most webmasters make a mistake of letting others create for them content. Since you are the one that knows your goals, it would be better to create your own content.
It is only you who knows where you want to be and how you intend to get there. Therefore, you should be in full control of your page ranking campaign.
If you have to work with a website developer or an SEO company, let them do the online marketing thing but you should be the one managing the content.
3. Do not over-rely on SEO service companies: This brings us to the next point of ensuring you get a high page ranking. Just because you think you have picked the top SEO Company, it does not mean you can now sit back and watch. You need to follow up and make sure you get your money’s worth.
SEO page ranking is a big business and there are companies that will promise heaven but deliver nothing. Hence you need to be very careful when working online with SEO companies.
This are the rules to follow as you work online with SEO firms:
– Research and know the top strategies of building link popularity so you can know if the SEO Company is doing the right thing or not.
– Ask the company to give you a list of the page ranking techniques they are intending to use.
– Do not work with companies that have spamming and black hat strategies in their list.
– Only work with firms using white hat SEO tactics.
– Never give full control of your website to any company or person.
– Follow up to make sure that all the page ranking strategies are been done the right way.
Note: Your work at home online marketing destiny is entirely in your hands so you should be the one calling the shorts. Thus do not give content management responsibility to anyone. You should be the one controlling your site navigation structure and content creation.
4. Work on your site navigation: The structure of your blog or website is very critical in page ranking especially in the top search engines. If you are blogger, with time you will have so many webpages and it is important that they all rank well.
Choose your theme template carefully by making sure it is structured well and also optimized. One of the things to seriously consider is your site navigation. Image having 1000 blog posts and expecting people to locate them all with ease, it can be challenging.
You should therefore position your menu somewhere that is easy to locate. At the same time optimize all your webpages so that they are indexed and ranked on search engines.
To ease navigation on your site, create relevant categories as regards to your blog content. These categories are the once that will act as your menu. It is also advisable to pick a template theme that will allow you to have sub categories.
When choosing categories, go for the top exact keyword matches in your niche. This is mainly because search engines will also use your categories for your site page ranking.
The easier it is to move around your site the low your bounce rate will be thus you will make money online fast. By ensuring easy navigation of your site by linking relevant webpages together, search engines will have an easy time crawling and indexing your webpages.
5. Concentrate on optimizing your homepage: The way you set your homepage is very vital when it comes to SEO web page ranking. Your homepage is where you will get the most inbound links.
As people in your niche link back to your homepage, you too should link your webpages to your homepage. Make certain you use top targeted keyword phrases in your niche as your anchor text. Do that on every page you create with many targeted keyword variations as you can.
6. Do not neglect optimizing any of your webpages: In order to maximize on search engines optimization, do not put all your eggs in one basket. As you optimize your homepage also seek to boost your other web page rankings.
Ensure that as you create pages, you link them to other relevant webpages within your blog or website. This will help your readers navigate your site with ease and also increase your web page ranking.
7. Start working on your web page ranking right away: Procrastination is a big enemy when it gets to achieving a high page ranking. This is especially so on top search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask.
The more you wait to start your SEO page ranking campaign, the longer it will take to rank and the more expensive it will be.
Search engines optimization is for people who are serious about working online and making big money. Therefore you are better off starting right away. Begin building your blog SEO value and SEO link juice NOW!
8. Monitor and respond to your site stats and results: If there is something that you really need to monitor closely is your traffic statistics. With Google Analytics (free tool) you can be able to tell your bounce rate and more so your conversion rate.
It would be of no benefit to go on with a niche where the conversion rate is low. Monitoring your blog stats will help you know where you need to improve and the best keywords that your page ranking is converting most.
When you note there are adjustments that need to be done, do not procrastinate, rather implement them immediately. This can be in terms of moving to a better market niche or putting more effort in your current area on interest.
9. Be ready to accommodate change: Just the other day, many sites page ranking were affected by the Google panda updates. It is true that change can sometimes be very difficult, but you need to look at the end results.
For example, the recent google algorithms give more preference to articles with 800 words and above. Before you would rank well with an article with 400 words, but now you need to adjust immediately to the new google algorithms so as to boost or maintain your site page ranking.
10. Get the big picture: There are many top SEO page ranking strategies that work very well. This include article marketing, social bookmarking, social media marketing, video marketing, posting comments, guest blogging, listing in top business directories and the list goes on and on.
What I mean by getting the big picture is that you should not settle for just one SEO page ranking technique. For a small online home business to grow, you need to have an array of online marketing arsenals.
Apart from identifying online marketing arsenals, you also need to know the top keywords that you intend to rank for, the tools you need to have and the right knowledge. Armed with all the rules we have talked about on this article you will now be ready to take on even the top sites in your niche.
Summary: You do not necessarily need an SEO expert to do the work for you. SEO page ranking is achievable even as you work online at home on your small business.