Site SEO (search engine optimization) is major business in the online marketing world. It is believed that 95% of all the traffic generated online is from search engines. With Google being the most used search engine, it was a big blow to some sites when they announced the new Panda updates in the beginning of the year.
Thousands of websites that get traffic from US got affected by the Google Panda Updates. It is believed that over 10% of top ranking sites got a slap. The main reason according to Matt Cutts, was to get rid of Farm sites that rank high on google search results.
I believe google did a noble thing though some reputable sites were greatly affected. It is true that some low quality sites where appearing on first pages of Google and thus the reason to weed them out.
Though the panda updates happened in the beginning of this year I thought it wise to remind webmasters what they need to do. This is in terms of site SEO, hence avoid being the victim the next time Google comes with the SEO axe.
Since Google keeps changing their algorithms; it is recommended that you learn some site SEO rules to follow so as not to be affected the next time round.
How to avoid been caught in the next Google Panda update web
1. Try to track down the low quality sites that are pointing to you and request them to remove the links. There are some backlinks that are of no benefit to your site SEO. Seek to get backlinks from high ranking sites and blogs that have a good reputation.
2. Check the ration of content and the advertisements on your pages. Make sure that you have more content than advertisements. Having too many advertisements will greatly affect your site SEO ranking.
3. Go back to your old webpages and see which of your pages you over-optimized. It is always recommended that your keyword density should not go beyond 3%. Some people in the quest to rank higher on search results over optimize their pages and thus were affected with the google panda updates.
If you have a wordpress template, you can add a plugin called WordPress SEO. This plugin will help you avoid over stuffing your webpages with keywords.
4. If you have a website, it is vital that you attach it to a blog. With a blog you can add fresh content regularly and this will greatly improve your site SEO. Always remember that whatever algorithms search engines implement, content will forever remain KEY.
5. Now that google have new site SEO rules it is imperative that you follow them. Do an overall analysis of your web pages and any low ranking pages you find should be removed. This I like calling site SEO clean up.
6. Work towards posting more quality and informative content. This is the one thing you can do to never go wrong in site SEO. Mainly, search engine optimization is all about rich and useful content. Find issues that challenge people in your niche and offer workable solutions and you will be safe.
7. Visitors should find it easy to navigate through your pages. Ensure that your categories are easily accessible. Ideally, it should take 3 seconds for visitors to locate your categories. The best place to position your categories is at the top of your site or blog.
To facilitate easy navigation, you should link up your pages. Add hyperlinks within your content to pages that have related information. Apart from improving your viewers’ experience, linking pages ensures search engines crawl and index all your web pages faster.
8. Just the other day google launched a social media site called Google Plus. In just 3 weeks over 10 million people have signed up. Very soon Google +1 will be part of the google algorithm formula, therefore jump into the band wagon NOW.
Of late social media sites have played a major role in site SEO hence it is critical that you have an account with facebook LinkedIn and twitter. Social media marketing is a perfect way to generate direct traffic and more so build your reputation and online presence.
9. As for those who have filled their sites or blogs with videos and images it is time you did some major changes. What you need to do is add content that is related to your images. In short, you should have more quality content than pictures and videos.
10. Any duplicate content you have is affecting your site SEO. Blocking search engine spiders from accessing your tags and categories can go a long way in help you escape the google panda updates slap the next time round.
If you can get the pages that are duplicated, it is advisable that you remove them or better still you can rewrite them again. This will make them unique thus boost your site SEO.
You can be rest assured that this is not the last time that google will bring down the axe on some sites. Therefore, webmasters need to find survival skills in both site and blog SEO.
Believe it or not changes to Google algorithms are here to stay. Online small business people also need to up their game if they expect to stay afloat. I know this site SEO survival skills will help your online home business evade the next panda attack thus remain relevant within the cyberspace.